N20b appeal suit: Court bars journalists, Sunday Igboho’s supporters from premises
The Court of Appeal, Ibadan Division on Wednesday barred journalists and supporters of Mr. Sunday Adeyemo also known as Sunday Igboho from gaining entrance into the court premises.
DAILY POST reports that the court is sitting over an appeal filed by the federal government against a judgement earlier given.
The Oyo State High Court had earlier awarded a sum of N20b in favour of Igboho against the federal government over the invasion of his house.
Justice Ladiran Akintola delivered the judgement on 17 September 2021.
DAILY POST learnt that operatives of the Department of State Service on 1st July 2021 invaded the Ibadan residence of Mr. Igboho.
The plaintiff approached the High court where a sum of N20b was awarded in his favour against the federal government.
But at a court session to hear the appeal suit by the federal government, journalists and supporters of Igboho were barred from gaining entrance to the court premises.
Some of the supporters who protested at the court premises said all they are asking is for Igboho to be freed.
They chanted, “What do we want? Igboho freedom.
“Do not kill Sunday Igboho. Do not kill Sunday Adeyemo, do not kill Sunday Adeyemo the way you killed Abiola.
“How many people DSS go kill, how many people DSS go kill, then go kill us tire, then go kill us tire, how many people DSS go kill. Yoruba nation, no going back”.
Lead Counsel to Mr. Igboho, Yomi Alliyu (SAN) who addressed journalists after the court session said the case has been adjourned for judgement to a later date.
Alliyu maintained that the court would communicate the date to them. “The case has been adjourned for judgement. “The date will be communicated to us”.
READ ALSO 👇