No plans to install Olufon today – Ruling family dispels rumour
The Morounfolu royal family of Ifon-Orolu kingdom has dismissed the rumour in circulation that the Osun State Governor, Adegboyega Oyetola has decided to go ahead with the installation of the new Olufon on Friday, November 26, 2021.
Addressing journalists during an emergency press conference in Osogbo on Thursday, Prince Jide Akinyooye, Spokesperson of Moronfolu Royal Family of Olaojo Ruling House in Ifon-Orolu disclosed that it became imperative to address the media because the attention of the family had been drawn to the harassments of members of the public by the agents of dissidents in the Olurombi family.
Akinyooye also revealed that upon the investigation by the state government and security agencies of unlikely conduct being perpetrated by the Olurombi family, it was revealed that the state governor and the Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs knew nothing about the purported plans to install the new Olufon without following the due process.
The spokesperson also said that findings had shown that another twist which was added to the narrative, that a legal luminary and top person in the presidency was behind all the illegalities in the attempt to impose an Olufon on the community was also false.
“All investigations from the Osun State Government officials and security agencies on the report of unlikely conduct of the so-called Olurombi Family within Orolu Community has revealed that Governor Isiaka Oyetola and the Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs knows nothing about the purported plan to install the new Olufon without due process.
“We believe that the news circulating around Osun State that a political personality from the Presidency and a renown legal luminary is behind all illegalities behind the criminalities in the process of imposing next Olufon of Ifon-Orolu Kingdom cannot be true and expect it to be so,” he said.
The Moronfolu royal family seized the opportunity to remind Orolu indigenes that the town being a peaceful one will not do anything that can rubbish its traditions and culture.
He advised members of the Ifon-Orolu public to immediately report any breach of peace and order to the appropriate security agencies for prosecution, adding that appropriate legal action had been taken against the Olurombi branch of the Olufon royal family.
While requesting the Osun State Government to make immediate remediation of the grave error, he assured that all the royal family members and traditional chiefs in the town were safe and advised that they should not succumb to cheap efforts at frustrating the selection process.
“We want to seize this opportunity to advise whoever may be misleading Governor Isiaka Oyetola that such commercial interest is against the public interest. Therefore, we request the Osun State Government to make immediate remediation of this grave error.
“We also assure all the Royal Family and traditional Chiefs of their safety and caution that they should not succumb to cheap frustration that is targeted to impose new Olufon on the Ifon-Orolu Kingdom,” he said.
“We are seizing this medium to call the attention of all security agencies to rescue Orolu people from intimidation by fake and hired hooligans that are impersonating them just to perpetrate illegalities.”
READ ALSO 👇